I know this post is different to my usual posts but I thought I would do a post about my hair. So I have been “natural” for nearly 5 years. The last time I used a relaxer was 1st of December 2011 and I never looked back. It has been a hard journey I have wanted to relax my hair at times but nowadays I find it so much more easier. I know what my hair loves and needs. There are 5 steps and products that I use in my hair;
This is my hair after its been washed with no manipulation:
These are the 5 main products I use on my hair:
Coconut repairing conditioner & Organics olive oil deep conditioner
- The deep conditioners: deep conditioning is very important I try to use it at least once a week but if not once a month is important. It helps to hydrate my hair as well as grow my hair but most importantly it keeps it strong and stops my hair from breaking. I use two deep conditioners because I love them both. I sometimes use one or the other or both at the same time
Coconut repairing conditioner
Organics Olive Oil deep conditioner
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen/Grow and restore leave-In Conditioner 16 oz
2. The leave in conditioner: Leave in conditioners are also important in fact any conditioner is important but you have to find what works for your hair and what agrees with your hair. Do you feel the difference afterwards? And sometimes you won’t see the results straight away but you see it weeks down the line. I knew by how fast my hair was growing and how strong my hair was (stopped breaking). This is one of the best things I have bought for my hair. It makes my hair feel so soft and moistured. Only use on wet hair or hair that is in its shrunken state as it is water based.
Shea Moisture raw shea butter extra-moisture detangled 237 ml
3. The detangler: This is another thing I think is important. This helps to soften my hair and helps my hair to detangle. I love this product so much.
Olive Oil ORS Edge control
4. The edge control: This for my 4c girls thats find it hard to get their edges laid. The struggle is real but here’s how I can help you. This lays my edges with love that I leave my house feeling sweeeeet! I also use a scarf to keep those edges flat. Keep the scarf on for about half an hour before you leave the house and your edges will be laid for the whole day until you go to sleep.
Coconut oil formula with vitamin E Moisture Gro
5. The moisturiser: I try to use this daily but my hair loves it. It feels very soft and stops my hair from breaking. I’ve been using this for so many years now.
So these are all my staple hair products. It’s not much and I don’t use them everyday but when I can I do. So tell me what are your essential products/ steps and let me know if you use any of these products and why you like them or dislike them.