I’m not a 4C hair specialist or a hairdresser but I know what works for my hair and I always get asked questions about my hair and how I maintain it and why it looks healthy so I thought I would do a post about it.
Excuse the snapchat filters ( I love snapchat obviously but just look at my hair)
1. Wash your hair in 4 section of plaits – This stops shrinkage which stops breakage also
2. Deep condition weekly/ if not feasible then every month at least – This helps add moisture and protects from breakage
3. Use a leave in conditioner – Preferably one that says anti breakage
4. Coconut oil, Shea butter, Argon oil, Jamaican black castor oil
5. Blow dry instead of air dry – This isn’t for everyone but for me I find that my hair is easier to manage when I blow dry my hair and it stops my hair from breaking
6. Protective styles – Whether they are wigs, braids, twists. At least once in a year I feel is needed just to give yourself a break from manipulating your hair every minute
7. Show some love to your 4c hair – Our hair is special and beautiful. Take time with it. There is so much we can do with our hair, so embrace it.